Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Ally's Shabby Chic 1st Birthday Party!

So yeah her birthday was back in June, but I didn't blog about it. I've been looking back at some seriously old entries; and I feel like this little old blog is kinda like a journal. A diary. An abandoned, dusty, and probably musty smelling diary, but a diary nonetheless. So..hello, my dear diary. I'll promise to not to take so long to post again. I've been posting more on instagram but I promise to put some time into you as well. ^_^
So, back to Ally's birthday..it was awesome! Chaotic in a "I have 6 kids under age 10, so decorating and baking is a ridiculous notion" kind of chaotic, but fun. I made a pinata for the first time. It took longer than I expected but was super east, and it cost me $2!! I followed this wonderful tutorial. I tried to do a shabby chic vintage theme...I think it came out pretty good, if I do say so myself. The hubs decided to hang it with a belt or whatever that is?? I don't know...I was too busy doing other things than to get upset over it at the time, but now that I'm looking at the picture...ugghhh. Lol.

Her party was small and simple and perfect.

Now, I gotta start planning the next one..3 of my kids have August birthdays... O.O

No comments: