Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tissue Pom Pom Tutorial

Pom poms just make everything cuter and happier. So, I had to make some to hang for Halloween. They are super easy to make. I learned back in elementary school, lol. Anyway, here's how I make them. You're going to need some tissue paper and floral wire. I got them at Wal-Mart for .99 each. :) The pack I got had 2 diff. colors. Try to use at least 8 sheets per pom pom or else, it turns out just sad. Trust me on this.

So, open it up and make 1 1/2 inch accordion folds.


Tie the floral wire and a piece of string in the middle. You can also use thread, twine, ribbon, etc.

Now, round out the edges. You can also cut it into a point for a different look.

You can now pull each sheet up carefully, so it doesn't tear.


Once you've done both sides, you can hang them up and say, "Now, that is just too cute." And have a coke and a smile. Yay!!

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

These are so very cool! I have been wanting to make some for quite some time now... I love your idea of making them for Halloween! Thanks for the tutorial!!!