Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hello?? Is anybody there??

Well...if you're there...hi! It's been 2 YEARS since my last post...wow. Where did the time go? a million and one things have happened in my life since then...some moments full of happiness and love and some depressing and heartbreaking. It's been 2 years of a long, painful, dark journey of soul-searching, "self" discovery and of letting go...and I'm FINALLY HERE. Happier and more peaceful than I've ever been in my entire life. ^_^ So, the happiest thing that happened was I had a beautiful baby girl named Alayna Li meaning beautiful and strong. She was born a day after my 30th birthday. The best present ever. She's going on 5 months now!
The saddest thing that happened was the loss of my mother-in-law. She could be the coldest and meanest person in the world, but she was mostly a mama bear. She defended and took care of her family until her final breath. She was like a mother to me. She'd stay with me during my difficult pregnancies to help me with the kids and the housework. She'd listen to my complaints about her son and would get after him. She was really crafty, so we had a lot in common in that regard. She tried teaching me how to crochet, and as much as I tried I just couldn't get it. So, we both finally gave up and she would just make me whatever I wanted. ^_^ We'd go to Hobby Lobby and take hours just looking and thinking about things we could make. She'd laugh at my cooking disasters and try to give me tips and pointers. I'm going to miss her rice. It was soo good. When I was pregnant with Liam, I was super nauseaus. I couldnt keep anything down..and the only thing that would stay was her rice. She'd make a huge pot and bring it over. When I was pregnant with Elyse, I LOVED corn on the cob and watermelon. So, she'd make Mars and my father-in-law go find some no matter what time or day it was. She took really good care of me and would spoil me. She was an awesome grandmother as well. She'd give hugs and kisses and even discipline when needed. She'd never come over empty-handed. She always had either food or gifts or something to show us she cared. She'd speak Spanish to the kids and get onto me for them not being fluent. I'm going to work on that...We're going to miss her. I'm going to miss her. March 1945-November 2012. This is one of my favorite pictures. It was taken at the hospital in August 2008. I had just had Jake, and she brought my Lysie doll to visit her mama. Jake was a preemie and I was a lil down and scared, and she prayed with me....It was a good day.
Her passing made me think about the footprints we leave and the memories we make. It's important that I leave something for my babies and one day my grandbabies, so that they can get to know me, to remember me...to hear my thoughts and see my life...and what better way then a blog. So, basically, I'm back into blog land. Hello, world. ^_^

No comments: