Monday, August 28, 2006

Changes

I was talking to a special person a couple nights ago about change. Changing things about yourself. Changing your lifestyle. Making different choices. Getting out of your comfort zone and doing things you normally wouldn't do. New experiences. New outlook on life. A new you. So, it got me thinking about me. What changes do I need to make? What's better for me? For my boys? What makes me happy? After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that I've let myself go. I've lost who I really am in so many ways. I've been living my life the way other people want me to. My feelings, wants, and needs are put on the back burner while I work hard to make everyone in my life happy. And in doing so, I've disappeared. I stopped existing. I'm no longer me. And that well....sucks. So....as of today, things are gonna change. I'm no longer afraid of change. I'm embracing it. I'm an intelligent, young, caring, beautiful, and damn good woman with so much to offer. I know that these changes are for the better. It's not only what I want, it's what I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your post. Good luck on your "journey" and I can understand how you feel. Your layout rocks.ka